If you have your nose stuck in a book like Belle, it is more than likely you have more books than you can manage. As your book collection turns into a dust collection, maybe it’s time to purchase a bookshelf. However, the more you consider this idea, the more daunting decorating a bookshelf feels.
But what if I told you there was a way for your books to be styled for others to see in just five simple tips?
1) Roles Reversed
- Show the pages of your books some love for a more antique feel to your bookshelf.
2) Black and White
- According to Joanna Gaines, adding white to a black background (vice-versa) creates a compelling contrast to your bookshelves, adding a nice pop to your bookshelf.
3) Natural Beauty
- Give life to your bookshelf by planting natural beauty next to your books.
4) Personal Touch
- Since the living room is a shared space, add a picture of you and your roommates for a personal touch.
5) Stacks of Magazines
- To create dimensions, add stacks of magazines for a variety of reading material.