With freckled-pale skin and thick brunette locks, I am a people-person who, with a southern accent, will extend words of affirmation to people so that they may feel known, loved and appreciated. I experience joy in helping others find the potential in themselves. I am a visionary and an artist. Above all, I value faith, family and friendships.
So what does it look like to make the most of your single life? Well, in my case, I’ve been single since ’91 (aka my entire life).
At 26 years old, I’m living into that question and I hope you’ll take a walk with me as I travel down the path of singleness and what God has shown me along the way.
Ultimately, the purpose of Single Since ’91 is for God to be glorified in and through the vulnerability of my writing so that finding your soul mate would not be the end result, but that Jesus would be the ultimate desire of your heart.
WHAT I’M WRITING ON:
CHRIST’S LOVE, happily ever after, shame, regret, PATIENCE, knight in shining armor, CONFIDENCE, tall dark and handsome, KINDNESS, fear, doubt, pride, IDENTITY, am I too picky?, loneliness, idols, anxiety, NOT SETTLING, jealousy, lust, PATIENCE, bitterness, peer pressure, FAITH, sexual sins, lies, insecurities, heartache, COURAGE, confusion, plus-one, SELF-CONTROL, body image, first kiss, “emotional dating,” taylor swift lyrics, RESPECT, comparison, all the single ladies, WORTH, crush, BRAVERY, prom, sorority, post-grad, social media, COMPASSION, worry, miss independent, TRUST, twenty somethings, RADIANCE, rom-coms, the list, mrs. degree, INTELLECT, white dress, physical attraction, unfulfullment, PURSUIT, third-wheel, pain, INNER BEAUTY, leading someone on, JESUS
High School Campus Field Ministry, Cru; Atlanta, GA. — 2015- Present
- Mentor students from Centennial High School. Model and communicate the Christ-centered life by helping students understand, experience and pass on the foundational concepts for Christian living. Organize weekly meetings for students to experience community and a relationship with God. Host outreaches for various sports and clubs.
Event Planner/Conference Coordinator, Cru; Atlanta, GA. — 2014-2015
- Managed Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts (@cruwc_atl). Planning team for the Cru Southeast Fall and Spring Staff Conference, Cru Southeast Winter Conference.
Journalist, Cru; Orlando, FL. — 2013-2014
- Conducted interviews across the globe and generated story ideas for content published in a variety of media platforms: Cru.org, Cru Staff Web, Worldwide Challenge magazine, the Lighthouse Report radio broadcast and Women’s Today radio broadcast.
Social Media Manager/Writer; UChic; universitychic.com — 2012-2013
- Managed Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest accounts. Wrote biweekly articles on campus life, dating, health, career, fashion (universitychic.com). Worked independently creating giveaway ideas for increased public relations. Contributing writer for Christie Garton’s UChic: A College Girl’s Guide to Everything, 3rd Edition.
Staff Reporter; The Crimson White; Tuscaloosa, AL — 2012-2013
- Wrote weekly news articles through researching and reporting (cw.ua.edu).
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Al. — Bachelor of Arts; Double Major in Dance and Journalism, Cum Laude, 2013
- Writing, Editing, Photography, Music and Video Editing, Social Media, Communication, Basic Knowledge of Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, Drawing, Design, Dance